Monday, February 26, 2007

Mercury in Retrograde - I hate you...

Here's a quick note to Mercury in Retrograde:

Dear Mercury in Retrograde,

I hate you.

Simplicity Always,
Andrew


Here's why:
Earlier today, I got an email saying that my piece up in a group show needed to be taken down. I had fully expected to un-install the piece tomorrow, as it stated in my original contract. Needless to say, as soon as I got the email, I rushed over to the gallery.

When I got there, a new show was being put up and my piece was no where to be found. I asked the attendant, who had not the slightest clue. She had to make several phone calls before she informed me that my collage (which isn't really easy to misplace as it's 4 foot by 7 foot) had been loaded on a transit truck and had been dropped off at the school.

This was the only information I had. I missed my Professional Practices class as I had to run in circles to find out that it (what was referred to as, "that big red thing") had been placed in the conference room next to my studio.

Double ugh!

2 comments:

Amy said...

aw geez - i know, installing and deinstalling the shows was a mess. it's never easy, even with galleries outside of school. but this is really bad... i'm sorry you went through that.

Andrew Thornton said...

This past week I've been hit in the head and seen someone crack their skull open and bleed all over the subway platform... so... it could be worse.

Mild frustration is always better than mortal peril.