Monday, February 26, 2007

The Long Arm of the Armory Show...

Just as I got to the Armory Show at Pier 94 at 55th Street, I discovered that the batteries in my camera were dead. Very unfortunate, as I always like to snap a couple of images of what's up in the Fairs.

I personally don't like the feeling that the BIG art fairs give off. Too much is there a sense of urgency to BUY BUY BUY! I saw someone looking through a stack of drawings, just throwing them around, almost as if they were trying to find the best deal or the one that they could re-sell the easiest. It made me cringe a little.

However, I did see some really awesome oil paintings by Katy Moran, about a billion drawings by Zak Smith, and some wonderful little pieces by Lucas Samaras.

It was a little over-whelming with so much work up!

No comments: