Sunday, February 25, 2007

Illustration Friday: Communication...

She spoke the quiet language, words made of wind and water, of sand and stone.

This is a pretty quick illustration for this week's theme. I wanted to create an image of a woman who was communicating to nature. To begin, I first built up a couple layers of collage to create the background. From there, I created a collage figure, which I painted on and added more collage. I really like giving pieces depth by adding and altering multiple layers.

8 comments:

buep said...

Cool illo! nice colors and composition.

Michelle Lana said...

Cool work.

Caterina Di Pietro said...

i like this very creative, and diferent

JO said...

Nice work, very interesting.

studio lolo said...

Wonderful piece Andrew. Love the layering and painting applications. I also like that she's communicating with nature! That's right up my alley :)

Heartful said...

I really like the layering too, great piece!

Nicole Florian said...

Very interesting collage. I have understood this: words fly in the wind, rise like water, enter in the eyes like the sand, hit like stone...

Anonymous said...

Nice collage, nice blog!