Saturday, February 03, 2007

Day Five...

It was a surprisingly busy day today at the Manning House. Usually after the first inital opening days the crowd tappers off, but we had a constant flow of customers, which was really nice. It helps the day go quicker and you get to meet (and catch up) with so many great people.

I think that one of the reasons why there were more customers, was that I was wearing a RING OF POWER. The other night, Jamie gave me a ring that Dustin had made for me. It's made completely of beads and is absolutely amazing! I was so thankful for the stunning gift. It kept attracting people to the table and we'd talk about how the instructions to make their very own ring could be found in his forth-coming book, Getting Started with Seedbeads.

I added to my stash of beads I bought this trip. I ended up buying some fozzilized Ivory from Bear & Raven from Alaska, some lampwork beads from Lost Marbles Lampwork, an ancient coin from the time of Constantine I from Ancient Beads and Artifacts, some cast silver pieces from Candice Wakumoto, and some ceramic beads from Marsha Neal Studios. In the picture is also the party favor from the Swarovski party, which is a big crystal on a cord.

We had planned on a quiet evening preparing for our party, but what was intended as an innocent trip to a sushi place, turned pretty nightmarish. I will call this place, Yucky Sushi. Locals, will recognize it. Hands down, it was the worst service I have ever had. I ended up waiting for 2 1/2 hours for a plate of food that was never made. This was after the assurances by my waiter that it was being made and would be out in a minute. Also, the atmosphere was filled with drunken college kids who were getting REALLY LOUD. Not a good place to have a quiet dinner after a long day. I DO NOT recommend Yucky.

No comments: