Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Slaughtered Lamb...

Earlier tonight I went to a birthday dinner for my friend and coworker, Josh. He's a really nice guy who just moved from Knoxville, TN. I'm really lucky that I have the great luck to work with people that I enjoy spending time with. I really do believe it makes a huge difference.

First, we started out having dinner at a Thai restaurant near NYU. It was a great little intimate gathering. It was my boss, Andrea, Josh, his roommate Anna, and another employee of the company that Josh knew from home. I will call her "J" because it's either Jenna or Janine and I'm not quite sure which. She's a great gal though.

When we finished up with dinner, we walked Anna to the subway and the rest of us went out for a drink at the Slaughtered Lamb in the West Village. It's a great little themed pub. Andrea had to leave early to catch her train.

Here are the pictures of what was to follow:


This is Josh taking a Cherry Vodka shot. At first a girl came around with these syringes filled with the shots and no one wanted to do one. But I said, "Hey, I'm up for it." When she tried to squirt it in my mouth, the one she grabbed was frozen solid. So it wasn't really squeezing. So she got another one and left the frozen one on the table as a present. After I tried it, everyone else decided that it wouldn't be so bad after all.


Here is Josh, the birthday boy, posing again with the big alcohol needle. Looks like he's a plastic surgeon about to inject someone.


This is "J". She was giving him the "I don't know if I want any" look.


Eventually she gave in though. HA! This picture looks so wrong, but they were just playing pretend for the camera: Doctor Josh shooting up "J."


Above is a picture of me with Josh in the train station on our way back to our homes. All of us had to be up bright and early the next day for work! It was really great though to get out of the house and meet new people and hang out with friends.

No comments: