Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happenstance...

I have been focused on my work and not much else. The new series is coming along and I am happy with the progression.

Earlier today, I was in a strange mood. I felt a sudden anxiety and mild panic. All I could think about was how I wasn't on the right track. It was like I was making all this work and doing my day-job and it all just wasn't meeting up. I felt tired and worn down and like it would only continue to be this way. I reached out for a sign.

I decided to walk to work. The walk, for me, is a relaxing one and forces me to take time to think. My heart and mind kept reaching out for something. Anything to hold on to. I ended up getting to work a little bit early. I got ready and started to help make the qued drinks. I turned around and saw my friend Nate ordering coffee.

It was such a nice surprise to see him! I shouted his name and ran out of the kiosk and gave him a big hug. Arnoldo, his partner came around and we all made plans to get together. It's been such a long time since I've seen them. The last time I saw them was my going away/birthday party last year.

The chance meeting was just what I needed. It was an injection of mirth that I had needed. That and perhaps I will show the new work in Arnoldo's restaurant. It has been about two years since I showed there. It's funny, because had I took the train to work, I would have gotten there ten or fifteen minutes later and would have missed Nate and Arnoldo completely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my name is andrew r. thornton. i'm 55..born in the bronx. i currently live in san antonio,texas....
my webpage- http://apoett.tripod.com