Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Thank You...




I had another late night, which was very productive. I ended up making a series of 12 "Thank You" cards that I plan to send out.

For me, it is important to stay in touch with people. That's one of the reasons that I started this blog. It's an opportunity to communicate, and I just love that. I used to write at least one letter to someone everyday. I've been really bad about that lately.

Sharing my work with people who I love and respect is the best. I don't know if validation is the right word, but it is the closest word I can think of that comes nearest to capturing the full meaning of it all. I wouldn't say that acceptance is the right word, because I don't make the work I do to be accepted. The approval of my peers is often enjoyed, but not necessary. I think what it really comes down to, is creating a reciprocating cycle. It is a wheel of creativity and inspiration and I like to keep it moving.

Hopefully these cards will do just that! The pictures to the right are a few of the cards I completed.

No comments: