Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Light Before Day...







This past weekend has been fairly productive. I'm completely exhausted though. I've been trying to get the newsletter together - which has included drumming up submissions, writing articles, formatting layout, editing the submissions (that have come in), and creating templates. Besides that I've been trying to get ready for my leave to New York. I've been sending out emails, trying to find places to crash while I'm apartment hunting and trying to get in contact with both friends and old business associates. Needless to say, I haven't left the computer very much.

I've been sorting through boxes and drawers, getting ready to pack, and I found these art cards I made a while ago. They were originally intended as a commission. However, I ended up doing something completely different and abandoned these cards. Here are a couple of them. They're all about bodies and structure. The tentative title for this body of work is, "The Light Before Day." I have a specific reason why, but I'm going to keep it on the down-low.

1 comment:

Count Skogg said...

I really love this kind of collage art, it reminds me of the goth/metal music i used to listen to which had some great cover art, bands like Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride.