Friday, July 21, 2006

Confessions of an Addict...


My name is Andrew Thornton and I have a problem. I am an addict. It's true. I'm sorry. I've had this dependency for about a year now. Sometimes I lay in bed, thinking about thiscraving. I know it's wrong, but it just feels so right! It's a slavish obsession, but why resist when it feels so good to indulge?

It's taken a while for me to really confess this. It's hard. But I'm addicted to Anne Choi beads!

Ha! What did you think I was hooked on?

In any event, for the past year, I've been collecting Anne Choi beads. Cynthia got me hooked. She's been collecting them for years now and has an impressive collection. The beads themselves are cast sterling silver. I really enjoy them as little works of art. The best part about them is that they aren't only aesthetically pleasing, but they're also very intelligent. They have sayings on them - little snippets of poetry and quotes from literature. They're just wonderful!

Not only are her beads simply amazing, but so is she! Anne Choi is an Asian Southerner who is both witty and well-educated. She's got a wicked sense of (dark) humor and I just adore her.

You can check out her website here:
  • Anne Choi


  • I had reservations about posting this, as now whoever sees this post will probably become addicted to them as well and therefore become competition in my quest for collecting. Perhaps I will put this post on hide mode!

    In theory, I should be saving my money for my return to New York City and my new apartment, but I saw this particular bead and I just had to have it! She used to make these mandrake roots all the time, but has since moved on to other things. This particular one says, "I'll be this abject thing no more; Love, give me back my heart again. " - George Grenville, Baron Landsdown 1677-1735

    I feel like a dirty junkie saying this, but I don't know what I wouldn't do for a handful of these little goodies!

    No comments: